How to Duplicate a Log
Sometimes you want to make a copy of an existing log. Here are steps for creating a copy of a log, changing the log file name, and opening the copy.
- Choose the log to be duplicated in File ► Open Recent Log ►.
- Control-click (right click with a mouse) on the path icon next to the log name in the title bar.
- Click on the folder name at the top of the list, “2019 Logs” in the example. This opens a Finder window for that folder.
- In Finder, control-click on the original log and chose the Duplicate command.
- Edit the name of the duplicate, which initially is the original name with “copy” appended.
- Double-click the duplicate to open it in SkookumLogger.
Of course, you can skip the first three steps if you know where the log is located. Also, you can change the name of a log file in Finder after you have opened the log in SkookumLogger.