3.0 Release Notes
- The 07Z CWOps MiniCWT is supported.
- The ARUKR society code is recognized for the IARU HF Championship.
- The alert presented when opening an old log with an unknown contest name is more informative. Thanks W2CS.
- The Database Versions Tools has been replaced with status messages at startup and includes the IARU HQ database version.
- The RSGB Clubs database has been updated.
- SkookumLogger has 55 non-blocking windows. All of them now have consistent appearance. All except Checksheets and Editors remember their visibility states across SkookumLogger restarts. All except the Log window obey File > Close Window. All interpret the escape key as the shortcut for Messages > Abort.
- Checksheets now automatically hide when opening a different log.
- Multiplier information is not added to the Notes field when logging in Practice mode.
- Window > QTC Series now has a shortcut that opens the window without any side effects.
- Window > SkookumNet now opens the window without any side effects. The SkookumNet window now has a Connect button for enabling the network connection.
- Map > Change Great Circle Map… and Map > Change Grid Map… are now disabled when the corresponding Map window hasn’t been opened.
- Section tracking, scoring, and crashes for ARRL Field Day have been corrected. Thanks N9SE and W2RU.
- The label for Needed QSOs in Logging preferences wasn’t tracking the selected color.
- The selections for the popup menus in Activity windows were not being remembered across SkookumLogger restarts.
- Memory management issues in Practice mode code might have been causing sporadic crashes while using that mode. Thanks JH5GHM and W7AY.
- Added a new CW message, Repeat Exchange, similar to Repeat Serial but sends the content of the & token without RST. Thanks K1XX.
- The info field in the Sent Exchange Editor for QSO parties now lists counties using Edit ► Complete. Thanks K1XX.
- Append multiplier information to the Notes field when a QSO that is a new multiplier is logged.
- Added simple support for Elecraft K4 via serial I/O.
- Added support for the 7QP QSO Party for Outside entrants.
- Added support for the Kentucky QSO Party for Outside entrants provided by N9SE.
- Added handling of Delaware QSO Party counties in the NEQP Inside contest so that log-what-you-hear doesn’t confuse SkookumLogger.
- Added handling of elided state in state-county exchanges sent by county-line straddlers so that log-what-you-hear works. SkookumLogger prepends the missing state code when the QSO is generated.
- Deleted support for the Manchester Mineira (CQMM) contest because SkookumLogger cannot support both per-band DXCC and not per-band prefix multipliers at the same time.
- Updated NEQP URLs.
- Updated default Countries, SCP and CWOps Roster databases.
- Modified poll response handling for Elecraft radios to group all responses relating to receive and transmit frequencies before processing possible changes. This is a blind attempt to address a scenario that I cannot reproduce where SkookumLogger misses a band change and so logs QSOs on the wrong band.
- The behavior of sending CW by computer using a WinKeyer, a YCCC SO2R Box keyer, or a YCCC SO2R Mini keyer is now somewhat more consistent across each type of keyer. Tapping the paddle while a message is playing now has the same behavior as tapping the escape key. Tapping a keyboard shortcut to send a message while sending with the paddle adds the message to the message queue, which begins playing after you stop sending with the paddle. For 2T2R, SkookumLogger now accounts for PTT tail delay before changing transmit focus when a message ends.
- Unstack QSO wasn't sending RST for the second call. Thanks NK4O.
- The start time for INQP was 16Z instead of 15Z. Thanks N9SE.
- The SO2R Blend slider was always disabled. Thanks JH5GHM.
- SkookumLogger wasn’t detecting dupes for rovers in the NEQP Inside contest.
- SkookumLogger was trying to open the YCCC Mini port when it was already open, disrupting tracking of the enabled state.
- A default CWOps roster is now included with SkookumLogger, used for self-adjudication (see Help). Thanks W2RU.
- Deleted the ARRL Maxim Birthday Contest.
- Updated IRTS Counties calendar, and scoring for Inside entrants. Thanks GØDVJ.
- Updated Polish DX Contest (SPDX) information, submission rules now require using web site; emails are rejected.
- Updated Florida QSO Party log submission and rules URLS.
- For NEQP entrants inside New England, working a 7QP or INQP rover is a dupe when they change counties. In 7QP, the same rover in difference states is a dupe but may be a state multiplier. Thanks K1KI.
- The & (sent exchange) CW message token now excludes the signal report, as documented. For QSO parties where the sent exchange is the county, the & token can be used to send the county as part of any message. Thanks K1XX and WA1Z.
- OK-OM DX Contest SSB was requiring CW mode for QSOs. Thanks NK4O.
- Florida QSO Party Inside Florida was mishandling QSOs with other Florida stations.
- Ontario QSO Party start time was 12Z instead of 18Z.
New features and changes
- Relocated radio-related settings from OpMode preferences to Radios window.
- Removed Toggle Tune command and RF Gain bump commands Radio commands.
- Added New Mexico QSO Party In and Outside New Mexico. Thanks KK6MC.
- Made contest names consistent for rules that differ for entrants In or Outside an area. If you need to open an existing log for a
- contest with a changed name, use the File ► Change Log's Contest Rules command to update the existing log after it opens.
- Added K3 Remote radio type for VA7GI, identical to K3 type except requires 9600 baud rate instead of 38400.
- Added reopen and hide-when-inactive behaviors to P3Panadapters window. Thanks W6FB.
- Changed to per-band QSOs for Tesla HF CW Contest. Thanks WA1Z.
- Repaired the help link for P3Panadapters window. Thanks W6FB.
- Squished bug that blocked communication with TenTec Eagle. Thanks KK4E.
- Squished bug that broke DVR play for Elecraft KX3. Thanks KX9E.
- Squished bug that affected exchange guessing for QSO parties that had info fields containing other info types in addition to county codes.
- Winter Field Day.
- Florida QSO Pary In Florida.
- Wisconsin QSO Party In Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin QSO Party Outside Wisconsin.
- European DX Contest.
- Diversity mode controls for K3 in Radio menus.
- Distribute and Rover Cabrillo station categories.
- Reorganized New Log Chooser menu items.
- Updated February NA Sprint start date.
- Enabled hardware flow control for TS590S. Thanks N1JM.
- Relocated P3 options items from Radios window to new P3 Panadapter window.
- Replaced "Radio Has P3" control with automatic detection when enabling a K3.
- Corrected band code definitions for Yaesu FT950, FT1000, FT1000MP, FTDX3000.
- "Enable PTT" in Morse Keyers window no longer leaves PTT disabled. Thanks DL1YCF.
- The rotary antenna pattern on map windows was failing to track rotator heading unless the Rotators window was opened.
- Attempted again to address a crash when saving a new QSO. Thanks M4J and AF8A.
Updated rules for Hungarian DX Contest. The multipliers now include DXCC and WAE countries.
Support for Idaho QSO Party, both Inside and Outside.
Support for North Carolina QSO Party, both Inside and Outside. Handles bonus points. Rules specifically exclude FT4 and FT8 as not appropriate for contesting; excellent! Thanks N4CW for creating a machine-readable list of county names and codes.
Support for South Carolina QSO Party, Outside. Handles bonus points. Does not handle combining SSB and FM into one “phone" mode. Does handle combining FSK, PSK and Data into one “digital” mode, but Cabrillo mode is DG not RY.
Separate CWOps Mini-CWT modules for 13Z, 19Z and 03Z. This supports creating a new log for these non-contests any time before the next event without confusing the Time Tracker Start Date.
Addressed a rare crash when logging a new QSO. I was not able to reproduce this one and so may not have actually solved the problem. GØDVJ was the most frequent victim and reports that this version seems to have fixed the issue.
Repaired too-narrow column widths in Time Tracker Off Times table. Thanks N9SE.
- Antenna switching and SteppIr controller interface now support SO2R. Thanks K1XM and GØDVJ.
- IC-705 support. Thanks N8GAS.
- Updated start dates for RAC Winter, some RSGB and UKEI contests. Thanks W2RU and GØDVJ.
- Another crash when enabling the "Automatically set sent grid" option. Thanks W2CJL.
- Incorrect "Port is in use" alerts when enabling serial ports.
- Added Rename Log and Save Log As to File menu.
- Added RSGB 70cm FM Activity Contest.
- Crash when turning on the "Automatically set sent grid" option in Logging preferences. Thanks Shaun Favell.
- Repaired animation for disclosure buttons in Amplifiers and Radios windows. Thanks W6FB.
- Changed font to fixed-width for frequency displays in Log window. Thanks AF8A.
- Fixed Cabrillo category mode name for FM. Thanks GØDVJ.
- Sending CW with paddle or keyboard was incrementing the CQ counter. Thanks GØDVJ.
- Corrected spelling of the Cabrillo GRID-LOCATOR tag. Thanks KA1IS.
- Rotator bearing changes were not noticed on the great circle maps. Thanks GØDVJ.
Mac App Store version 3.1
- Optimize for Silicon Mac.
- Support FM mode for Kenwood radios and Yaesu FT-991. Thanks G4IZZ.
- Add Log > Focus Call Field. Thanks W2RU.
- Export sent exchange grid to Cabrillo GRID_LOCATOR record.
- Fixed crash when starting app with an unknown radio type in user preferences. Thanks WBØM.
- Default signal report was 599 instead of 59 for FM mode. Thanks G4IZZ.
- Deleted Updating topic from Help. Thanks W6FB.
- Fixed mis-identification of a bearing entered in a call field as a frequency.
- Fixed rotator re-enabling when waking from sleep.
- Fixed missing score in statistics reports.
First release on App Store.
DO NOT UPDATE WITHOUT READING THESE NOTES. The minimum macOS version has changed, and future releases will be distributed on the Mac App Store.
This release has many internal changes relating to new and deprecated macOS features. It runs on macOS 11 (BigSur) and on a Silicon Mac (using Rosetta 2). The most significant changes are:
- The minimum macOS version is now 10.13 (High Sierra).
- Logs created with this version cannot be opened by earlier versions.
- Preferences and the Window menu have been reorganized.
- Help has been thoroughly updated.
You will need to redo some of your settings:
- Color choices.
- Activity table layouts.
- Antenna configurations.
- Country aliases.